Handling of Personal Information
SEPTENI HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
Koki Sato, Representative Director
SEPTENI HOLDINGS CO., LTD. (the “Company” or “our”) will handle the personal information of our customers (including subscribers to services operated by the Company), our business partners and our officers and employees (“Personal Information”) as set forth below.
1. Personal Information which we acquire and Purpose of Utilizing Personal Information
The items of Personal Information that the Company acquires and the purpose of utilizing Personal Information are as follows.
Items of Personal Information
Purpose of Utilizing Personal Information
Information obtained in relation to agreements between the Company, our customers and partners (such as memorandums on contract business, outsourcing and confidentiality)
Contract information for our customers and partners
For communicating with our customers and partners
Information on the Company’s officers, employees and applicants for employment (including information on health insurance, our employees’ pension plan, employment insurance, taxes, applications for worker’s compensation, salaries, personnel evaluation, personnel selection and employee benefits that are related to legal procedures, and other information necessary for the execution of operations at the Company)
For performing legal procedures and executing necessary operations, including those related to employee benefits, for the Company’s officers, employees and applicants for employment
Personal information that the Company is commissioned to handle
2. Entrusting the Handling of Personal Information
The Company may entrust the handling of Personal Information to a contractor within the necessary scope to achieve the Purpose of utilizing Personal Information described in the preceding section. In this case, the Company will enter into an agreement that includes confidentiality obligations with the contractor to handle Personal Information properly.
3. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
The Company will not provide Personal Information to any third party except with the consent of the person who is a specific individual identifiable by Personal Information (“Principal”) or in the cases:
(1) based on laws and regulations;
(2) in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or fortune, and when it is difficult to obtain a Principal’s consent;
(3) in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain a Principal’s consent; or
(4) in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining a Principal's consent would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
4. Joint Utilization
The Company jointly utilizes Personal Information with the Group companies. The details of the joint use are as follows:
(1) The categories of the jointly utilized Personal Information: Personal Information set forth in section 1
(2) The scope of a jointly utilizing entity: The Group companies
(3) The utilization purpose for the jointly utilizing person:
a. For having an appropriate Group company respond to inquiries about the Group’s products and services
b. For developing and improving products and services of the Group companies and improving their quality
c. For the marketing, sale and sales promotion of the products and services of the Group companies
(4) The name or appellation of an entity responsible for controlling the jointly utilized Personal Information: SEPTENI HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
(5) How to acquire Personal Information: In writing, in the form of electronic data, or by other means
5. Voluntary provision of Personal Information
Our customers and partners may decide whether to provide their Personal Information at their own discretion. If they do not provide their Personal Information, they may not receive the services which they need.
7. Procedure for Demand for Disclosure etc. of Personal Information
The procedure for demanding of the Company informing a Principal of the purpose of utilizing Personal Information and disclosing, making a correction, addition, or deletion of the contents of, ceasing the utilization of, erasing, and ceasing the third-party provision of Personal Information(“Demand for Disclosure etc.”) is as follows:
(1) Privacy Consultation Desk, which is written about in “Inquiries” below, will receive the Demand for Disclosure etc.
(2) The person who makes a procedure for Demand for Disclosure etc. is required to send by mail a request form prescribed by the Company and necessary documents, including identification documents.
(3) The person who makes a procedure for Demand for Disclosure etc. will be charged a prescribed fee per demand for notification of the purpose of utilizing Personal Information or disclosure of the contents of Personal Information.
The details of the procedure are available here.
8. Personal Information Protection Manager
Secretary General of Information Security Bureau
For inquiries, complaints, consultations on the handling of and the Procedure for Demand for Disclosure etc. of Personal Information please contact Privacy Consultation Desk.
Privacy Consultation Desk
- Company name:
- SEPTENI HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- Secretary general of Information Security bureau
- Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Grand Tower, 8-17-1 Nishishinjuku Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Authorized personal information protection organization
The Company has established Privacy Consultation Desk to receive inquiries, complaints and others from our customers. In the event that you have a question about or are dissatisfied with the Company’s response and where it needs to be resolved, if it is unclear whether your personal information is handled by the Company, or in other cases, please contact the following directly.
Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
Japan Information Processing Development Center (JIPDEC)
- Roppongi First Building, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032 Japan
- April 1, 2002
- October 1, 2003
- May 25, 2004
- November 10, 2004
- August 17, 2005
- February 7, 2006
- May 15, 2006
- October 20, 2006
- December 13, 2006
- December 18, 2006
- April 1, 2008
- December 10, 2008
- July 15, 2010
- January 1, 2011
- February 1, 2015
- January 1, 2016
- January 1, 2018
- January 1, 2020
This English translation is for reference purposes only and not a legally definitive translation of the original Japanese texts. In the event a difference arises regarding the meaning herein, the original Japanese version shall prevail as the official authoritative version.