A history of changes and growth
Building a footing through the Direct Marketing Business
In October 1990, Mamoru Nanamura, currently the honorary chairman, founded SUB & LIMINAL CO., LTD., a forerunner of SEPTENI HOLDINGS CO., LTD. to embark on the human resources consulting business. After the burst of the economic bubble, however, demand plummeted as companies cut their recruitment costs.
To change our business, we launched the Direct Marketing Business (agency service to send direct mails) in 1993. It grew steadily to build a footing for our group.
High-rate growth attained with the Internet advertising business
In 2000, Koki Sato, the incumbent president and representative director, launched the Internet advertising business as a new business. Our swift response to the expansion of the online advertising market and to constantly changing needs for advertising led to continued steady growth. As a result, our group achieved strong growth. In addition to establishing regional offices, by means of mergers and acquisitions, we stepped into Internet business areas other than advertising, such as mobile content, in order to expand our business portfolio.
Focusing on growth areas to achieve a further leap
We have been focusing our efforts on growing areas such as smartphone ads and Facebook and other social media-related services. We have also commenced overseas operations. From 2012 to 2015, we established 6 sales offices. Our focus on the mobile, social and global areas helped us to achieve sales and income growth for four consecutive years, from 2012 to 2015.
Meanwhile, in order to develop a new business pillar subsequent to advertising, we have been positively working to develop new businesses. In 2013, we embarked on the Manga Content Business, in which we undertake the planning and development of our original intellectual property.
Additionally, as of the fiscal year ending September 2016 we have adopted the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) with the aim of facilitating our development as a dynamic global company.
In October 2016, the Group acquired Lion Digital Global LTD, one of the largest digital agencies in Southeast Asia, in order to develop further in the global market where smartphone advertising is expected to continue to grow at a rapid clip.
Transition to the next growth phase through organic growth and a capital/business alliance with Dentsu Inc.
We focus on the Brand advertising, which needs increase recently, in addition to global expansion and video advertising, which we have focused on, with aim to achieve earning growth.
We concluded a capital and business alliance agreement with Dentsu Inc. on October 30, 2018. Hereafter, we will accelerate growth speed of our group through both organic growth and the alliance, with aim further development.
- Human resources consulting business commenced
- Recruitment of new graduates started
Head office relocated to Shinjuku Tsuji Building
- Direct Marketing Business commenced
- Head office relocated to Shinchuo Building
- Head office relocated to Shinjuku Kohu Building
- Head office relocated to Shinjuku Sumitomo Building
- Internet advertising business commenced
- Listed on JASDAQ
Number of employees exceeded 100
- Head office relocated to Shinjuku L tower
- Osaka sales office (now Kansai Branch office) launched
Head office relocate to Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Oak Tower
- Acquired Tricorn Corporation as a subsidiary.
Fukuoka sales office (now Fukuoka Branch office) launched
- Nagoya sales office (now Nagoya Branch office) launched
- Reorganization into a holding companyNumber of employees exceeded 300
- Head office relocated to Sumitomo Gaien Builging
- Capital increased through private placement to Yahoo Japan Corporation
Sapporo sales office (now Sapporo branch office) launchedNumber of employees exceeded 500
- Facebook-related services launched
- Head office relocated to Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Grand Tower Number of employees exceeded 700
- Business bases launched in Singapore and San Francisco
- Established COMICSMART,Inc. and started Manga Content Business.
Established SEPTENI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- Direct Marketing Business sold off
Sales office launched in Seoul
- Voluntary Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards
Business bases launched in Beijing. Number of employees exceeded 1,000
- Acquired the shares of Lion Digital Global Ltd through Septeni AsiaPacific Pte. Ltd.
Some of the Axel Mark shares held by the Company were sold, Axel Mark became an equity method affiliate.
- Concluded capital and business alliance with Dentsu Inc.